The University of Cape Town’s Drama Department and School of Dance are merging to become a dynamic centre for contemporary performance practice in Africa.
Built on a proud tradition of excellence, the new centre will be committed to nurturing creative and academic achievement within the context of a vibrant local and international performing arts community. We are seeking dynamic individuals to continue this tradition of excellence and who will also contribute to the ongoing project of transformation of the curriculum to reflect the challenges of contemporary realities globally and specifically of South Africa. This would include embracing principles of diversity and inclusion in performance practices, pedagogies and research.
We seek to fill the following positions:
1 Full-time Senior Lecturer
2 Full-time Lecturers
1 Part-time Lecturer (Teaching only)
• An appropriate postgraduate qualification
• A commitment to and experience of research (inclusive of creative works) and postgraduate
• Demonstrated ability to teach both academic and practical aspects of performance at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Experience in teaching at least 2 of the following: Acting; Voice; Movement for actors; Performance-supervision in contemporary performance practice. Making (Choreography and Theatre-making) Dance Teaching Methodologies; Musicology; Dance History and/or Dance Techniques (African Dance, Classical Ballet, Contemporary Dance).
• Planning, implementing, coordinating and teaching both theory and practice across all 4 undergraduate
• Coordinating, planning and teaching on academic development programmes.
• Supervising postgraduate studies.
• Presenting sustained research and creative works.
The respective annual remuneration packages, including benefits, for 2015 are as follows:
Lecturer: R 528 275 (Full-time)
Lecturer: R 330 172 (Part-time 25hours a week)
Senior Lecturer: R 649 534 (Full-time)
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mr. Craig Alexander at email@example.com
– UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
– Cover letter, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please indicate the post and level at which you are applying.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone: 021 406 1508 Website: www.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E15226 Closing date: 15 January 2016
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our
Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.